- Bond University, Gold Coast, Queensland, Australia, Bachelor of Laws, Expected 2012
- Bond University, Gold Coast, Queensland, Australia, Bachelor of International Relations (International Diplomacy and Global Governance), Expected 2012
- Australian Paralympic Education Program, Athlete Representative, 2010 – Present
- Allens Linklaters, Legal Intern, Mergers and Acquisitions, Commercial Litigation, Sydney, Australia, 2010
- Austrade (Australian Trade Commission), Intern, Paris, France, 2009
Competitive Athletic Honors and Awards
- Gold Medal, 4x100M Medley Swimming Relay, Paralympic Games, London 2012
- Bronze Medal, 100M Butterfly, Paralympic Games, Beijing 2008
- Silver Medal, 50M Freestyle, Commonwealth Games, Delhi 2010
- Bronze Medal, 50M Freestyle, Commonwealth Games, Melbourne 2006
- Silver Medal, 100M Butterfly, World Short Course Championships, Rio de Janeiro 2009
Civic Honors and Awards
- Paralympic Ambassador, Australian Prime Minister's Olympic and Paralympic Challenge, 2012
- Queensland Sportsperson of the Year With a Disability, 2010
- Bond University, Vice Chancellor's Award for Academic Achievement, 2008
- Bond University Sportsperson of the Year, 2007
- Bond University Sportsperson of the Year, 2010
- Australian Paralympic Swim Team, Captain, 2008 – 2010
- Australian Swimmers' Association, Executive Member, 2011 – Present
Government and Public Affairs Intern
Annabelle Williams is an intern with Perennial Strategy Group for the Fall of 2012. Through the Washington Internship Institute, she joined the firm in September 2012. Ms. Williams assists Perennial in providing strategic advice and counsel to corporate clients, in working with civil rights organizations and nonprofit groups, and in researching and monitoring regulation and public policy issues.
Ms. Williams is in her final year of Law and International Relations at Bond University in Gold Coast, Queensland, Australia.
While a scholar, Ms. Williams is also a Gold Medal-winning, world record-holding competitive swimmer. Since 2005, Ms. Williams has been a member of the Australian Paralympic Swimming Team. Most recently, in the 2012 Paralympic Games in London, Ms. Williams won a Gold Medal in the 4x100M Medley Swimming Relay. Prior to her success in England, she had won a Bronze Medal in the 100M Butterfly at the Beijing Paralympic Games in 2008, a Silver Medal in the 50M Freestyle at the New Delhi Commonwealth Games in 2010, a Silver Medal in the 100M Butterfly at the World Short Course Championships in Rio de Janeiro in 2009, and a Bronze Medal in the 50M Freestyle at the Melbourne Commonwealth Games. During her swimming career, Annie has set five world records, served as the Captain of the Australian Paralympic Swim Team from 2008 to 2010, and currently serves on the Executive Board of the Australian Swimmers Association, which is the Australian Swimmers Union and the representative body for elite level swimmers in Australia.
In addition to her competitive swimming career, Ms. Williams worked at Allens Linklaters in Sydney, Australia in 2010, as an intern with the Mergers and Acquisitions Group and the Commercial Litigation Group. In 2009, she worked for Austrade, the Australian Trade Commission, in Paris, France. At Austrade, Ms. Williams assisted Australian companies develop business in France, attract productive French investment into Australia, and promote Australia’s education sector in France. She has also worked in film – as Charlize Theron’s stunt double for the movie, Mad Max 4: Fury Road, in 2010.
Upon returning to Australia, Ms. Williams plans to join Allens Linklaters in Sydney as a Graduate Lawyer.